I am most impressed with Target and JC Penney’s high brow to mass retailer collaborations. H&M becomes too costumey for most of it, unwearable (and VERY expensive), Kohl’s is very dowdy, Kmart (wait who shops at Kmart), Walmart well no need to look further than here
After 40 collections Target is re-releasing their most popular dresses, cute dresses and all under $50
This weekly five is a little bit different. You’ll notice there is no nail polish listed (gasp!) , there are no pretty dresses, and nothing on my “wish list” or “must buy,” I’ll wait for you to pick your jaw off the floor and humor me with this weekly list. It’s about food and not whimsical, frothy pastel colored confections, or things using fancy gadgets like thermometers, BUT honest to goodness food.
The past few months I have been a huge ball of stress, anxiety, and sleep deprivation, how I didn’t turn into a scary green scaled monster is beyond me. You’ll also have to notice that due to the cold I have been wearing pants and long sleeves, so my scales are easily able to be covered. It’s no surprise that all these abnormal changes are unhealthy to the body to counteract this I have at least been snacking better. My criteria is protein, no soy (due to allergies and anti GMO note: organic soy is has no GMO), low sugar under 5 grams/serving, no more than 150 calories/serving. Everything listed I found in Target and one package/bag of each will cost you less than $7 or a lunch out. Snack well!
1) Eggs are one of the cheapest and healthiest sources of protein available and with the calories ranging from 50-90 depending on the size of the egg and low in fat. I know that eggs have a high amount of cholesterol but if you eat the whites, it’s fat free and high protein! I medium boil eggs and put them in a plastic bag and add seasoning be it basil, garam masala, lemon pepper, etc and have it as a snack while I work in the late hours.
2) Annie’s Granola Bars. They are low in sugar, calories, no soy, have some protein, and aren’t full of crap.
3) String cheese no sugar, protein, low in calories, portable, and fun to eat
4) Better Oats Raw Pure and Simple. Oatmeal supposedly is one of the best things you can eat and Better Oats makes a less gag inducing, bite worthy fare (plus it’s so cheap!) I can eat it plain with it’s hint of salt makes it savory or add a lot of blueberries for a one two punch of antioxidants, fiber, omega 3’s, and protein
5) Citrus-with all the studies of citrus fruits being an appetite suppressant, skin clearer, good source of vitamin c, etc add citrus to your water, salads, snack for the added benefit.
Good things come in threes. So do bad things. And even things that are neither good nor bad. Good things come in threes. So do bad things. And even things that are neither good nor bad. Good things come in threes. So do bad things. And even things that are neither good nor bad.